Fall Prevention and At Home Safety
Did you know?
Falls are the cause of 40% of hospitalizations of adults 65 and older and are the leading cause of injury. Falls are common but that does not mean they are a normal part of aging. Preventing falls is possible with the proper resources. If you or a loved one is experiencing falls, please explore the links below. If you need further assistance, please fill out the information below along with your question or concern.
At Home Safety Quick Tips:
- Always carry your phone or wear a lifeline button in case you experience a fall.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol to stay hydrated.
- Eat multiple times a day to prevent low blood sugar.
- Take medications as written on prescription bottle.
- Get regular checkups with your doctor to go over medications and other health concerns.
- Have daily/weekly phone calls with loved ones – set a regular time to call.
Request a Home Evaluation
Fill out the form and we will be in touch with you.